Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Who Am I? What Day Is It?

I realized I hadn't blogged in awhile. The last few days have been a fog. Friday night was especially rough, as Jack was fussy from 4pm to 8pm. Those were some long hours. Last night Lily decided she didn't want to sleep too well either, so we had both kids up a few times last night. David and I are walking around like zombies. I did get some shut eye today while Lily napped. Jack tends to be sleepy during Lily's nap time and that is a great blessing!

What helps me get through these early days is knowing I'm not alone. I have lots of great Mommy friends to talk with. Yesterday I realized I have SIX girl friends who are pregnant right now! Some are keeping it a bit hush hush for a few more weeks. And for those of you who are pregnant, please know that you can call on me when you are in need during those early, sleep deprived days.

What have I done the last few days? Hrmm. On Friday, Raz came over to visit/meet Jack. It was so nice to see her again. It had been awhile!

Tita Raz and Jack


This weekend my friend Christine brought over some yummie enchiladas and we got to chat for awhile. Thanks sista!
This picture was taken when Jack was ooh, a day old maybe??


Yesterday Karen and Cat came over with their daughters (Caoimhe and Izzy). Lily got in some good play time. Cat brought a delicious chicken pasta salad and Karen brought some yummie treats. Thanks girls!
Cat getting in some baby time

Karen holding Jack. Izzy and Caoimhe were great with baby Jack!

Of course yesterday, we watched the Inauguration. I feel like we have moved into a new era. I told Lily "that is President Barack Obama!" She insisted it's "President Lily!" I say go for it girl!
Today I caught the last part of Oprah and she showed Will.I.Am's new song called America. I thought it was beautiful!! I realized I am once again proud to be an American and to live in this country. Sometime in the last 8 years I began to feel a bit embarrassed about being an American. How horrible is that? I do love this county and I do believe we can turn things around.


The Kids...



No comments: