I think I was too tired to really take lots of pictures this year.
The last two weeks have been quite a blur for David and me. My sister was here for 10 days and my parents were here for the last two weeks. They are all now back in Indy. I miss them dearly.
Lily has been asking for her Nana and Abba the last two days. I can now tell her they are back in Indiana without crying myself.
David and I are on day 2 of being on our own. It's going okay so far. We are trying to find the grooves in our day. I'm so grateful that David has next week off of work to help me out just one more week. Then we'll see how the following week goes.
Lily is doing okay. She is very very sweet with Jack. Although she seems to be a bit more challenging with her tempers. This may be because my patience is less as I am not sleeping through the night right now. David mentioned that when Lily is crying, Jack is crying and the dog is whimpering - this is a job for a Zen Master. I must practice my Zen meditations more often in these days of newborn sleeplessness. I am learning to just let babies/toddlers cry and do triage. Whatever is most pressing will get done and eventually the crying will stop. I do have moments of feeling overwhelming joy about having two kids. I feel blessed to have both of them in my life. I feel blessed for my husband too. I couldn't ask for a better partner in this child-journey.
Time for David to take a shower (and it's before noon!) I'm on duty. More to come...
3 comments:
The joys always outweigh the challenges...even if it doesn't feel like it at the time! :) Hang in there...this too shall pass!
Love from Japan, Jessica
I'm going to need some of this zen. Like now. Age 2 is such a challenge!!
That truly is the hardest part -- when everyone is crying at once (including the animals). I have been known to make sure the girls are safe and then lock myself in the bathroom for a minute or two. :)
Once you are sleeping more, it will get easier. Sleep and exercise are the keys for me. And wine.
Post a Comment