Friday, January 18, 2008

"Working" Mom

Well, a few things have changed since I last posted.

1. I took on a part-time/temp position with a financial advising company. I'm just doing light administrative work at the moment. My hours are Monday - Friday, 2 hours in the morning. It's a nice break from my normal days of Mommy-duties. I've never liked the term "working mom" for those women who work outside the house. I've been a stay-at-home-Mom for the last year - and man, that is hard work! I work just as hard too! I never knew how hard it was taking care of a baby 24/7. I wouldn't take it back though. I feel very lucky to have the option to stay home.

2. I signed up as a consultant to Lemongrass Spa Products. I have been using their products since spring of last year and really like them! My skin is nice and soft and my face has cleared up! I am having a kick-off party tomorrow and am hoping it will go really well.

2 comments:

amy h said...

That's great that you were able to find a job with such nice hours! Does David stay home with Lily in the morning then? (doesn't he have later hours?)

Rik and Lisa said...

With our company growing the way it is I wonder if we need a part time HR pereson? I can ask the CEO if you would like me to.