Sunday, January 6, 2008

We're Back!

David, Lily and I are back from Indiana. We were gone for 2 1/2 weeks! It was a nice, long visit.
Lots happened - too much for a blog. But overall, we had a great time. I truly miss my family and I'm so happy I got to spend so much time with them.
Here are some highlights of our visit...

The first Saturday in Indy, we had a mini holiday party with some of my old friends. This is my friend Michele from high school.

On the left is a grade school friend of mine, Eddie. We went to St. Lawrence together.
Right side is my friend Dave from high school. Ironically, they knew it other and hadn't seen one another since freshman year of high school! Apparently Dave went to school with Eddie freshman year at Lawrence North, then his sophomore moved to Lawrence Central were I attended.

Lily got to hang out with her cousin, Cassie!

Lily got lots of love from her aunts and uncles!
Matthew, Christie and Bonnie

For Christmas, Lily's Abuelito (Grandpa) made her a rocking horse!

This is the traditional "underwear on the head" picture. My Mom gives us underwear each year and for the past several years, we all put the undies on our head for a family picture. I know, crazy! Since Lily doesn't wear undies quite yet, we used a diaper - hee hee

On the 29th, we celebrated Mark and Bonnie's engagement! (I also went grade school with Mark, my future brother in law)

At the engagement party, David got to sit next to two good looking red heads!
These are my sisters' friends Alex and Lindsay - they will be bridesmaids at Bonnie's wedding

This was taken at the engagement party as well. Thought this was a good picture of the sisters.
Me, Christie and Bonnie

Christie, Matthew, me, Bonnie
New Years! We went to Connor's in Broadripple. It was 50 bucks to get in with free food and drinks all night. I must say, I got to see another (drunk) side to my siblings! ha ha! It was a fun night.

My sister-in-law, Carrie came to New Years as well, but wasn't able to stay long as it was a smoky bar, and she is expecting my next nephew/niece in April - Oops, not April, I meant July!!

Thank you family for a great time! I love you all and miss you lots! We shall see you hopefully this Spring to attend Bonnie's bridal shower!


2 comments:

amy h said...

It looks like you all had fun! That's great that you got together with some ol' school friends. I wish I could have joined in!

I love Lili's rocking horse that your dad made -- she can pass that down to her kids.

Sorry we missed David when he passed through KC. I hope he didn't end up getting sick -- he said he wasn't sure if he was getting it. At least he got some KC BBQ on the way through though!

amy h said...

Ack, make that Lily, not Lili. I have another friend with a Lili with an i so I get confused. :)