Friday, January 25, 2008

Hairy Situation

Back in December I allowed my gray hairs to get on my nerves. Instead of going to see my hairdresser, I decided to take matters into my own "Nice and Easy" hands. I bought a box of "dark brown", which is pretty much my natural hair color. I loaded up my color, sat down to read a book and wait the 25 minutes. I was then reading "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult. The book was so good, I read for 35 minutes. Oops! Well, the box says "dark brown" and it's okay if my hair gets really dark brown. I washed my hair and oh no! I now have black hair! What?? The box said "dark brown" not "black". So, I looked up how to correct too dark hair color and found that clarifying shampoos help. It is now January and I still wasn't happy with my goth look, so I made an appointment with my hairdresser. I have been wanting to donate my hair to Locks of Love once my hair is long enough and I found out that I can even donate colored hair - yippee! So, my efforts to grow out my hair is still good.
Here is my new hair. I had Tonia (hairdresser) put lots of red highlights in to break up my dark, dark hair. I'm quite enjoying the new color.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks nice! I did the same thing in college once. I had red hair and wanted to go back to my natural color, so I got dark brown. But it came out black. I didn't even leave it on too long. You just have to be careful with the dark browns.

That's good to know that Locks of Love still takes colored hair! That is what always held me back. I would have a long way to go now though -- my hair is pretty short!