Tuesday, December 5, 2017

The Holidays



What? I have a vivid memory of sitting on my couch on Christmas of 2016, knitting and watching The British Baking Show. This year passed in the blink of an eye, and yet, it was a tough year. The beginning of the year, my husband lost his job. A few months later, his Mom passed away.  I absolutely love my job and it’s the hardest position I have ever held. I had a bit of a breakdown over the summer. The pressure of our company’s move along with staff challenges and all the projects due at fiscal new year got to me. I spent one day crying and I couldn’t stop. I ended up taking a week off (short notice) and went to Indiana to recoup. I don’t believe I will allow myself to get to that level of stress again. I learned quite a bit about myself during that time.
Here’s to a good holiday season and a Happy 2018!

No comments: