I found out my friend, Dr. Mike passed away recently. He was the first minister I knew at Center for Spiritual Living, Colorado Springs. I moved to Colorado Springs in 1998, and Mike was one of the first people I met here. I randomly looked in the phone book for a church that may be more progressive and came across this church. I called them and spoke with Barb, their office manager at the time. She told me they are accepting of all people and all faiths. I found a spiritual home here. I took as many of their classes as I could, I joined the music team, I volunteered when I could. In 2002, the center was going through quite a rough patch and Dr. Mike resigned/retired. I kept in touch with him on and off. We would have lunch sometimes to catch up. I feel sad, as the last few years I did not meet up with him nor call him to say hello. I let the busyness of my life get in the way.
Dr. Mike, you were a resource for me when I first started out here in Colorado Springs. I learned quite a bit from you. You will be missed! I trust one day we will meet again.
No comments:
Post a Comment