Saturday, March 5, 2011

The kids are alright

Wanted to put a couple of pictures of the kiddos. They are growing so quickly! We have quite a pattern to our lives that I forget to blog about it.

This is Jack probably watching his favorite movie: Cars

Jack is doing great! He is talking our ears off! He now uses complete and correct sentences. This makes life a lot easier now that we know what he wants. He is still my cuddly guy. He loves to sit on the couch with us, or be carried from time to time. He plays really well with his big sister and shares fairly well for a 2 year old - not what we don't hear "That's Mine!" at least a few times a day. :) He attends Mom's Morning Out once a week and does well. He yells "School Day!" on the mornings we go to school.


This is Lily's camera smile!
Lily is also doing great. She loves her 3 year old preschool class. She goes to school twice a week. Next year, she will be in the 4 year old preschool class and that meets 3 times a week.  I recently went to her Parent/Teacher conference and she is doing well and is right on track. She is a very smart girl and has some good negotiation skills - however, she is still learning that what Mom and Dad says is the final answer. She is starting to pick out some words with reading. She knows all her letters and sounds. She knows her numbers up to around 12. She can count to at least 30 and does well counting to 100 with help from us. The outfit she is wearing in this picture is her all time favorite thing to wear. She wears this about 99% of the time. We have to peel it off of her to wash it. This is her Care Bear pajamas. She takes after me and likes to be comfortable around the house. I will have to invest in some soft pants for her in the near future.

This blog post totally sounds like a Christmas letter. Ha! But, I want to have these memories for when I'm an old woman. I'm already a forgetful person - I can only imagine what I will be like in my senior years.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I can't believe how big the kiddos are! Wasn't it just yesterday Declan and Lily were born?! I swear I don't know where the time went. Miss you all!