Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Zoo




David, the kids and I went to the Zoo this morning. It was a perfect day. The temps are in the 60s and overcast. We got there right when the zoo opened and that means no crowds! We left right when the rain started, so we got to enjoy the animals without getting all wet!

Still doing well on the no sugar. I have cheated a bit here and there (had a fruity drink in Vegas and a mocha the other day). Overall though, my sugar consumption has gone down quite a bit. I think I definitely could live this way and only have sugary items from time to time. The only time it's really hard is when I'm stressed out. This has given me an opportunity to find other stress relievers than just something sweet!

1 comment:

Leslie and Bryce said...

hey jen! your trip to vegas looks like it was fun - hope you had a good time!

did i ever write you back about where we had the pictures done? we went to portrait innovations at briargate. the pics came out ok and they were good during the session, but we were not happy with some of their policies (e.g. you only get low resolution photos on the disk and need corporate approval for any exceptions). so i doubt we'll go back...

see you at bookclub on Thursday!