Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Update on Jack

Today we went back to the doctors to get Jack checked out. His lungs are good, no wheezing. Still lots of mucus and congestion though. He will be on oxygen until at least Monday. The oxygen company is coming out to do a pulse ox on him. He has to be above 90 while sleeping. During our time in the hospital, Jack could go about an hour without oxygen (while sleeping), then he started to dip into the 80s with his pulse ox. So, hopefully by Monday, he will be strong enough to keep his pulse ox up. Today at the doctor's office, his pulse ox was 97! Go Jack!!
Jack is still sleeping quite a bit and unfortunately, he is still spitting up lots of mucus. So, we have our floor covered in towels and blankets to catch the good stuff. Lots of laundry going on in our house. Hey, we are home, not in the hospital - I won't complain! This experience has made me really appreciate the overall health of my children!

Tomorrow, my sister Bonnie and her husband, Mark will be here for a few days. I'm so excited to have them around! I get to catch up with my sister and get a few extra hands to help out with the kiddos.


At the hospital


Coming home


Bath time!


Lily's hair is doing some fun things lately. The top part will curl up and there is just nothing we can do about it.

4 comments:

Joy&Jesse said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all the tough times lately. I will be praying for him and that he will continue to have a speedy recovery. If there is anything I can do please let me know!

Karen said...

I'm so glad the little guy is doing better. We continue to keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers. Lily we miss you too!!

=)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he's still making progress! I'll bet he's ready to be done with those tubes!

Yes, be grateful for relative health in your kiddos. I've been particularly grateful for my two girls' health lately.

Leslie and Bryce said...

So glad you are home! Dealing with that oxygen tube is no fun at all, but it's helping Jack get better - go little guy! Hope you are hanging in there!