Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dishcloth for Kimberly

Many moons ago I posted on Facebook that I would create a handmade item for the 1st five people to respond to my post. This is the 1st of my handmade items to go out to my friend in Virginia, Kimberly! This was a fun pattern! I may make another one soon. It's easy, yet fancy fancy!

I have another dishcloth made that I will give to my friend, Michele at our next playgroup. I have yet to take a picture of it.

I cannot remember where I picked up this pattern. I will research it. Possibly Lion Brand??
Here are the instructions and will post it's owner as soon as I find out.

Materials
Worsted weight 100% cotton yarn, approximately 2 oz.
US size 7 knitting needles

Finished size: approximately 9" x 9"

Stitches
K=knit
P=purl
YO=yarn over
K2tog=knit 2 stitches together
PSSO=pass slipped stitch over

Cast on 39.

Rows 1–6: Knit across.
Rows 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, 25, 27: K3, P33, K3.
Row 8: K5, YO, K1, slip 1, K1, PSSO, K3, K2tog, K1, * YO, K1, YO, K1, slip 1, K1, PSSO, K3, K2tog, K1. Repeat from * across to last 5 stitches. YO, K5.
Row 10: K6, * YO, K1, slip 1, K1, PSSO, K1, K2tog, K1, YO, K3. Repeat from * across to last 3 stitches. K3.
Row 12: K7, YO, K1, slip 1, K2tog, PSSO, K1, * YO K5, YO, K1, slip 1, K2tog, PSSO, K1. Repeat from * across to last 7 stitches. YO, K7.
Row 14: K5, K2tog, K1, YO, K3, YO, K1, slip 1, K1, PSSO, * K1, K2tog, K1, YO, K3, YO, K1, slip 1, K1, PSSO. Repeat from * across to last 5 stitches. K5.
Row 16: K4, slip 1, K1, PSSO, K2, YO, K3, YO, K2, * slip 1, K2tog, PSSO, K2, YO, K3, YO, K2. Repeat from * across to last 6 stitches. K2tog, K4.
Row 18: K6, * K2tog, K1, YO, K1, YO, K1, slip 1, K1, PSSO, K3. Repeat from * across to last 3 stitches. K3.
Row 20: K5, K2tog, K1, YO, K3, YO, K1, slip 1, K1, PSSO, * K1, K2tog, K1, YO, K3, YO, K1, slip 1, K1, PSSO. Repeat from * across to last 5 stitches. K5.
Row 22: K4, slip 1, K1, PSSO, K1, YO, K5, YO, K1 * slip 1, K2tog, PSSO, K1, YO, K5, YO, K1. Repeat from * across to last 6 stitches. K2tog, K4.
Row 24: K6, * YO, K1, slip 1, K1, PSSO, K1, K2tog, K1, YO, K3. Repeat from * across to last 3 stitches. K3.
Row 26: K6, *YO, K2, slip 1, K2tog, PSSO, K2, YO, K3. Repeat from * across to last 3 stitches. K3.
Rows 28–47: Repeat rows 8–27.
Rows 48–53: Repeat rows 8–13.
Rows 54–59: Knit across.

Bind off knitwise.

Admire your beautiful new dishcloth and get scrubbing! 

UPDATE: Found the pattern- shew!
http://kelleysyarns.blogspot.com/2007/05/elvish-leaves-dishcloth.html

1 comment:

amy h said...

That does look all fancy! Fancy dishes! :)