Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Vegetarian Week Day 2: Polenta

Tonight we made Polenta with black beans. If you like grits, you will like this dish. I'm not a huge grits fan, so I think when I make polenta again, it will be a side dish. I liked it, but I didn't love it. I have a bag of polenta, so perhaps I will seek out some more recipes for using polenta meal. I also will add more Parmesan before eating!
 This was my afternoon snack today. I cut up an apple into cubes and stirred in some peanut butter.

1 comment:

amy h said...

If you make a dry-ish polenta, you can make a roll, cut it into slices, and then pan-fry them. I'd use a nonstick pan if you have one -- sometimes mine stick really badly. But this is the only way most of my family will eat polenta. I like all forms. :)