Sunday, January 30, 2011

PHR

Last weekend I took and passed my Professional in Human Resources certification!! I started studying for this exam at the beginning of September. A few weeks into my studying, I was asking myself, "What was I thinking taking this exam? I have small children, a part time job and it's the holiday season!" I'm glad I kept with it!!

People have asked me what a PHR will do for me. Taking the test really was for me. I wanted to prove to myself that I understood my field. Having a PHR does make an HR Professional more marketable. I would say having a PHR for an HR person would be like having a PMP for a Project Manager.

Sure glad this is all behind me!

I'm working on an HR blog. It's still under construction, but if you'd like to check it out:

www.hradvicebyjen.blogspot.com

Feel free to ask any HR questions on the new site! This is an experiment. I'll see if I can keep this little HR blog going. If nothing else, it will keep me on top of my HR knowledge. 







No comments: