Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11

My plan was to write this post on the 1st of January, not the 3rd, but as January 1st progressed, I was taken down by what I believe was a bout of food poisoning. Horrible! It's absolutely horrible to have food poisoning! Not the best way to start off the year, but today I'm feeling better. My appetite is not back to normal, but I think tomorrow will be much better.

I don't have any big reflections on 2010, nor predictions of 2011. My 1st goal in 2011 is to pass my PHR exam. I have been studying since the first part of October. This test is known to be hard - only about 60% of people pass the first time. Hopefully all my studies will pay off.

2010 was a good year for me. It was a bit boring to be honest. I'm good with boring! Some highlights of 2010 for me are:

  • Went to Kansas City in May to see my parents and my friend, Amy and her family
  • My sister, Christie came out for a visit in July and helped me with the kids while David was out on a business trip
  • Lily and I took our first Mother/Daughter trip to Indiana in September for my sister, Bonnie's baby shower
  • I went on my solo trip to N.C. in November for my nephew's birth
  • My nephew, Grant was born (missed his birth by 20 minutes - still makes me sad to think about it)
  • Got to my goal weight
  • Saw several concerts: Jewel, Lilith Fair, Dave Matthews/Tim Reynolds

The Fam...


No comments: