Along with anxiety, I find myself overwhelmed more than I care to admit. My home and my work are a bit stressful at the moment. OK, a lot stressful. Work is very busy with things to accomplish. I'm also a people pleaser and try to help everyone. I'm learning to say "no" more often and bit by bit, it is helping. I'm also reading "Essentialism" by Greg McKeown. This too is helping. This book gives tips on letting go of anything that is not essential. I realize I am quite the non-essentialist. I practiced saying "no" at work this week by stating my department (HR) does not have any more resources to take on another project offered our way.
Home is tough as well. We had a big loss in our family. My husband's Mom passed away not quite a month ago. This is hard as this is our first parent to pass away. In some ways, it doesn't seem real quite yet. What is real is all the stuff to be done when your parent passes away. It is more than one realizes. I'm trying to help my husband, but I am afraid I'm not being as helpful as I could. I get overwhelmed and anxious with "stuff" around me. We have quite a bit of stuff in our house and I am struggling with feeling calm in our space. I really am trying, but feel I am failing. Mixing my anxiety around clutter and my people pleasing issues, this is quite a mess.
Just breathe.

No comments:
Post a Comment