As I type, the Waldo Canyon Fire is about 55% contained and so far, the fire is not spreading. The acres lost is about 17,000. 347 homes were destroyed and two people lost their lives. This was an extremely emotional time for me...more so than I would have expected. A wildfire is terrible alone, but when it moved into the West side of our city, it was terrifying. We live approximately 8 miles from the West side of town and I was still scared for our home and for the city. Seeing how quickly that fire came down from the hillside freaked me out. My thoughts go out to those affected by this fire. I give many thanks to the firefighters spending hours upon hours at a time fighting this fire. These are some pictures of the fire from my perspective.
 |
| The orange "lights" in the back middle are the homes on fire on June 26th. |
1 comment:
I'm glad they have it mostly contained now. What a scary time for you guys! I was worried for you all.
Post a Comment