I have been working on David's sweater all weekend and it's starting to look like a sweater now! I have the sleeves attached and now I'm seaming up the sleeves. Once they are seamed, I will seam the body! I will have to buy a zipper and teach myself how to attach it onto the sweater. In my mind, I cannot possibly see how a zipper is sewn onto a knitted sweater, but I know it can be done with some research. I love the internet!


3 comments:
Great job Jenn!
Nice! That's a lot of work!
I've put zippers in fabric, but not knit. The hardest part for me is getting the zipper to stay in it's correct place while you're sewing it in. I usually use lots of pins and end up sticking myself several times. I've heard of people using washable water based glue to hold it in place while you sew (and then you wash it out, but that might not work if the sweater is wool). I'm sure there is a good online tutorial out there!
"Its" not "it's."
Post a Comment