Thursday, October 22, 2009

My first week

I just finished my first week of my new job. Lots of training and getting acquainted with my coworkers and what I will be doing, etc. This job will allow me to learn about benefits, COBRA, and unemployment. These are the areas in HR where I'm not as familiar and am very excited to be gaining this knowledge. I'm also seeing opportunity where my strengths in HR will help the company (such as report writing). I'll be working 12 hours a week, which is just perfect for our family. It allows me to use my "work brain" for awhile which I had been missing. It gives me some me time and adult time which I feel all parents need for themselves. David and I are working through the quirks of scheduling. I'm still breastfeeding Jack and I am working on my pumping schedule to make sure we have enough milk for when I'm gone. Once Jack is a year, we'll switch him to whole milk while I'm gone. That is only two months away (Jack is 10 months today!), so the pumping schedule will only be for a short time.

This last weekend I went to a Canvas class with my stamper teacher friend Kimberly. This canvas is for Jack's room. I kept it fairly simple as Jack's room is quite simple. I felt a bit rushed in finding a picture to work with. I may make another canvas on my own and have David pick a cute Jack picture. He's the family photographer :)


I'm still working on David's knitted sweater. I'm on the last sleeve. Then the task of putting all the pieces together comes next. I've never knitted a sweater before, so I'm sure there will be lots of opportunities for learning. I tend to knit at night when the kids are both asleep. I am just not in a good place to knit while they are awake. I'm still managing Jack and his whereabouts. He is quite mischievous that little guy!

This coming Monday I'm taking a sewing class at JoAnn Fabrics. I can't wait!!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I am so glad that your first week went well. I can't imagine how hard it is to be a SAHM....I am not sure I could do it.

How in the world can Jack be 10 months old? It just seems like yesterday that he was born.