Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Being a Mommy

Today I went swimming with Lily for her swim class. This was the first time in a LONG time I have been in a pool, let alone a bathing suit. I was a bit self conscious, but I had a lot of fun and so glad I did it.

Right now both kids are napping. Yippee! It's always a nice treat when they sleep at the same time.

Having both the kids by myself during the day is getting a bit easier, but still probably the hardest job I've ever had. Oprah's show yesterday was about the truth of Motherhood. I definitely felt better after watching the show. I am sure not alone when I feel overwhelmed, frustrated, tired, bored and not quite myself. I do not regret having children. I love having these little guys in my life. It's just nice to know that it's not all bliss and I shouldn't feel like it's all wonderful. I realize I am setting too high expectations and find myself disappointed. I'm learning to lighten up!



Belly time....The kids and me



Hanging out in the morning



Jack today....Lily back when she was 2 months. They do look like brother and sister!



Last week I got to see some of my girl friends. This is LaRain and Nicole having baby time.
LaRain is pregnant and just found out she is having a girl! Congrats LaRain!!

My friend Andrea is also pregnant and having a girl. Congrats! I got to see Andrea yesterday after a long time and darn, didn't get any pictures.



David was fooling around with Lily's sunglasses. He calls this pose "Pulling. It. Off."
I guess Jack is confident enough in his babyhood to wear pink!



Play time: Lily with finger paints and Jack practicing sitting up in the Bumbo

2 comments:

amy h said...

I loved yesterday's Oprah. I haven't even deleted it off the DVR in case I need to see it again while having a mommy moment or something. :)

The one thing I didn't get was people perceiving a war between stay at home moms and moms that work outside the home. I never encounter that at all. I stay home, but I know there are as many ways to raise your kids well as there are people! Most of my friends work, and I never sense any weirdness about it.

Andrea said...

I watched Oprah too! I also agree with Amy. I have never encountered the "mommy war" and there are more days than not when I totally get why women choose to stay in the wokforce. I also found myself thinking "Was that something I was supposed to be ashamed about?" because I do all kinds of "bad" mommy moves. Whatever gets you to bedtime I say!