Lately I have been feeling very very pregnant. I'm at 28 weeks, so I still have about 12 weeks to go. My belly is definitely present and at times I forget I have the belly and try to sit too close to the table or turn too close to a corner. Sleeping is a bit challenging too. I'm dealing with sciatica and just found out from my friend Amy that I'm not sleeping in the proper position. I need to sleep on my side with my legs straight down - I tend to bend my legs. I called my midwife and she gave me some names of physical therapists and a chiropractor I could see. Just have to make sure my insurance pays for them. (If only we had Universal Health Care...but anyways)
I do enjoy being pregnant with regard to knowing that a new life is growing and I will soon get to meet this little guy. However, I seem to have harder pregnancies. Although, I have heard stories of women who are on bedrest or who have to be hospitalized during their pregnancies, so perhaps I shouldn't complain. Oh, for those of you who knew I dealt with gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy, I did pass my sugar test this time!! It's on the higher end of normal, so I am still staying away from the white stuff and sweets, but I'm so so so so so happy to not have to go through the 3-hour glucose screening.
Lily is at school right now. She starting crying in the parking lot asking "School?". When I said "yes". She cried harder and said "Mama!". Breaks my heart man! We said our goodbyes and the crying seemed to cease before I left the building.
I'm having my friend, Nicole over for coffee/lunch at the house early this afternoon. No big plans for the weekend. With my painful walking, I'm fairly happy to not have many things to do.

2 comments:
Jen, I'm not sure if it is the legs straight part that helps as much as the legs being lined up on top of each other, in the same position. You'd have to ask your midwife/phys. therapist/chiro about that. I hope you can get some relief!
School is hard sometimes. Elise loves it so much now -- it's crazy. If Lily is in school when the baby comes, it will give you a little alone time with the boy. You don't get much of that with the second!
I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy! Pregnancy can be a bummer. Let me know when a good time to get together would be. We would be happy to come down to your neck of the woods!
Post a Comment