Friday, September 19, 2008

Memed

My friend Karen memed me. At first, I was like "what is that?" I am so so so not into what is the latest and what is fashionable. I usually hear things from my husband or friends. Like the word "Staycation". I believe my friend Amy used it once in her blog perhaps? Then I heard it again on the radio. Not sure where that term started, it could be 50 years old for all I know, I'm just not hip to being cool. ha ha

Anywho: I must give 6 quirks about myself and/or family.

Here we go:

#1: Karen mentioned that her daughter, Caoimhe does this as well and thought it funny. Lily knows who Barack Obama is. When we see him on tv, she will scream "Bama!". That's my liberal hippie toddler! As Karen mentioned, we live in city o'conservative and I love throwing out the liberalisms in public.

#2: My husband is a better cleaner than me. However, I do not like clutter and feel better when the house is picked up, so I think I tend to pick up the house more than David. But again, I believe when David does clean, he is more detailed about it.

#3: Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the dumbest things. Like going to the bathroom. The other day I was thinking to myself, "I have to use the restroom several times a day for the rest of my life!" What a pain in the rear! Yes, that overwhelmed me. I know, strange. I admitted this to my husband and he gave me the look you are probably giving your computer screen. ha ha!

#4: Everytime I put on a shirt, the tag in the back is always sticking out. I can't tell you how many times my husband or family or friends will tuck in the tag for me. I've even had perfect strangers tuck in the tag for me. Perhaps I should invest in some tagless t-shirts?

#5: I love love love organization. I am not the most organized person, however, I get quite happy and excited over organizing my house/life. While Lily was napping today, I organized my bathroom so there is almost nothing on the counter. I also organized my stamps in the stamping area in the basement. In the words of Tom, organizing completes me.

#6: I love food, but do not like to taste it afterwards. I must either brush my teeth or take a breath mint after eating and drinking.

Bonus meme: I tend to end sentences in a preposition. Sometimes I cannot think of how to form the sentence any other way. Must be that Indiana thing.


Many of my blogger friends have done their Meme's, but I'll ask Andrea and Jenny to do a Meme as well. (did I even use the word "meme" correctly?")

Today Lily had her 2nd day of school. The teachers told us she was sad for about 10/15 minutes and the rest of the day, she did great! I got my first art work back from her today. I may have to keep that one. I'm not much of a keeper of things, but it will be fun to go back and show Lily her very first art project at school. I have already made a folder in my filing cabinet for her school stuff, so I'll just stick it in there. (organization! love it!)

Update on the PROTECT our Children Act. My Senator, Ken Salazar emailed me back that he does support the legislation. I am sure it was a form letter, but it was nice to get acknowledged. I must say my other Senator (whom I'm not the biggest fan of) sent nothing, not even a "we got your email and thank you". Oh well, he is out the door this coming year anyway.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Good job!!

=)

Anonymous said...

Consider it a positive that you didn't know stupid words like "staycation" or "meme." :)