
May 27, 2007
Last night I had my work girl friends over for dinner. Well, I should say former work girl friends. Of the group of 6 ladies, two of us have left the company. It was great seeing everyone again. I have to say that was one of the best groups I worked in, as we all got along and we all supported each other. I meant to take pictures, but the night got away from me. A couple of us are continuing the "party" with breakfast this morning at a local restaurant called Olive Branch. They have yummie breakfast there.
On Wednesday I will be going to Indiana for two weeks! I'm so excited to go, but very sad to be leaving the husband in Colorado. I'm most nervous about the plane ride, but it's only two hours and I can do anything for two hours. I just hope Lily is happy and her ears don't bother her too much. Perhaps Mr. Sandman will be kind and allow her to sleep most of the trip.
The last few days we have been working on getting Lily to sleep more independently. I attempted the "cry it out" method and right now I'm not quite ready for that. I noticed that when she shows signs of being sleepy, that is the best time to lay her down. She normally gets sleepy around 9pm or so. I kept reading that a better bedtime is 8pm. This 8pm bedtime didn't work out so well. I will just slowly try to get her towards the 8pm bedtime as I just can't deal with my little baby screaming her head off. Last night she was tired about 9:30pm, we laid her down in her cradle and she whimpered for a few minutes and was out like a light. She slept until 4am...ate...fell back asleep...ate some more at 6am...slept until 7:30am - ahhh sleep! She's a very happy girl this morning!!
1 comment:
That sounds like a pretty good night! Yeah, I'd say following their own sleepiness is a good option. :) There is no perfect bedtime, I think, as long as you and the kid are both getting enough rest.
Have a good trip!
Post a Comment